Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Online Disinhibition Effect

Ok, everyone here knows I pulled a "Drama Queen" and left SL for a while and am back.  I'm sorry if I hurt anyone in the process and God knows I'm having my share of suffering but I love SL and know I don't want to be out forever so I'm back and trying to re-settle.  Meanwhile friends have been helpful and supportive and tell me breaks are good... a good friend, Asil Ares, showed me this great relevant site today: http://www-usr.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/disinhibit.html  Very worth the read and save.

"The Online Disinhibition Effect" from John Suler's, The Psychology of Cyberspace. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back, Kara!

    Dr. Suler's hypertext book explores the psychological aspects of environments created by computers and online networks. When I'm having testy moments with others in v-worlds, I revisit that site. It's one of the best I've found on explaining why we act the way we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tip Asil.. I've had some positive comments inworld about this post.

    ReplyDelete